PC SOFTWARE UPDATES
DRIVER AND SOFTWARE UPDATES
WINDOWS SECURITY AND DRIVER UPDATES
Out-of-date drivers and operating systems can cause a variety of issues and are one of the first things to check when a game or program is having problems.
Even new computers can have out-of-date drivers and operating systems because updates are released routinely.
Some games and programs might run fine on a system with old drivers, but outdated drivers can still create technical issues with specific games or programs.
Some Windows Update error codes
- 0x80243FFF-WU_E_AUCLIENT_UNEXPECTED There was a user interface error not covered by another WU_E_AUCLIENT_* error code.
- 0x80240001-WU_E_NO_SERVICE Windows Update Agent was unable to provide the service.
- 0x80240009-WU_E_OPERATIONINPROGRESS Another conflicting operation was in progress. Some operations such as installation cannot be performed twice simultaneously.
- 0x8024000B-WU_E_CALL_CANCELLED Operation was canceled.
- 0x8024A000-WU_E_AU_NOSERVICE Automatic Updates was unable to service incoming requests.
- 0x80243001-WU_E_INSTALLATION_RESULTS_UNKNOWN_VERSION The results of download and installation could not be read from the registry due to an unrecognized data format version.
- 0x80249001-WU_E_INVENTORY_PARSEFAILED Parsing of the rule file failed.